Sunday 27 January 2013

Raving in a Winter Wonderland


So this weekend I visited another city on the other side of the Pennines and once again the snow tried to stop me in my tracks! This time it was to Leeds, for a night out in the city to celebrate the 10 or so mates birthdays that are dotted around January! I left work at 5 on the Friday and the snow had already coated the entire of Lancaster, which doesn't happen very much! I was undecided as to whether to attempt to drive or to get the train. I ruled out taking the A roads cutting across to Leeds and had began to hear reports of problems on the M6, M61 and M62 all roads I was to be travelling on. So I managed to find that there was one train available which was on time from Preston to Leeds and got there with a few minutes to spare. Parked the car and got on the 2 hour train and arrived on time to an extremely snowy Leeds City Centre.
 
After going across the city centre and back after going to the wrong travel lodge I finally was ready to go out! The snow at this point was about an inch or two thick! So a normal night out followed going to bars and clubs such as Tiger Tiger and Oceana (which had beds in it!!) but of course it was really quiet as the snow had stopped many from going out! Many snowball fights and snowmen making occurred in between bars also!
 
It was a really really good night out and made even better that it was snowing and that I managed to make it through all the bad conditions! It was a good job I didn't decide to take the motorway with people getting stuck on the M6 for 8 hours overnight!!!!
 
The snow was so thick and even the busy city centre roads were covered completely!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment