Wednesday 13 February 2013

Dream Diary: Fiery Sky

 
So last night, it was another good night sleep, another too comfy to get out of bed and another amazing dream! So there was a lot happening in this dream but the bit I remember the most and the bit that was the most amazing sight was this section:

   So picture the scene - I am standing on a hillside in a field with a few large trees on its perimeter. There are a few farm houses and out buildings nearby and two large bonfires burning. It is late afternoon but still light. I am heading up towards the bonfires where I was to meet with others and camp. As I climbed the hill a cold gust of wind breathed down the back of my neck. I look up to see that everything seemed darker, a large dark cloud had put me within its shadow and the very top of the hill was the only light at the end of this dark mass. It wasn't pitch black but it was as if the sun had just set. The Clouds were moving so fast and the trees were blowing in the wind. The gust of wind dropped and I looked behind me where the clouds were coming from and saw that the clouds were so very dark and ominous. They were also very low and obscured the view of the other side of the valley. They towered above the outhouses and as I looked upwards I could see the cloud was covering the hillside rapidly. I could see that the black clouds were stooping lower and almost hugging the ground and the light dimmed further.
   Suddenly a huge gust of wind rushed across the hill. With its hurricane force winds I was almost knocked off my feet. Debris begin to fly of the buildings and the trees blew wildly and looked as if they were holding on for dear life. The wind blew out the two bonfires and there smoke added to the black cloud which then enveloped everything. It engulfed past with the wind but as soon as the wind dropped the cloud passed onwards and the buildings emerged from the black cloud. It was much darker but there was an orange glow on the ground. As I looked upwards the whole sky was filled with fire and lightning. It was as if a huge upturned bowl had been placed above and reached the ground at the cloud wall and reached far above. The lightning flickered constantly with thousands of bolts striking the sky the dark clouds bubbled with an orange hinge and bursts of fire. I was stunned to see the sky so wild. It looked like an apocalypse, maybe it was. I looked across the fields and up into the sky in awe; it was a terrifying yet amazing sight. It was like nothing I had ever seen, it was as if the stars and planets in the sky were having a battle firing bolts of lightning and fire at each other. A constant breeze blew across the field with ash and dust and the sky continued its battle. Though there was no sound, no thunder and no rain. Just a battle of Lightning and Fire.

Then I woke.

No comments:

Post a Comment