Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sun, Sea, Sangria in Spain

So I have just got back from a little week away to visit the Spanish sun and thought I'd show you some pics:
 
 
I stayed close to the town of Torrevieja, which isn't the nicest place I have ever been too, it doesn't have a lot of visible history and dominated by some tower blocks and it wasn't a very touristy place which I guess isn't a bad thing. But I actually really like the place, it had a good deal of restaurants, a huge marina and pier, a long promenade and numerous beaches! It was more of a tourist destination for the Spanish but there was a lot of British, German and Dutch that lived in the town as it is a big place for holiday villas.
 
 
There were a lot of lovely beaches in the nearby towns aswell, clean and with white sand and clear waters. All had a bar which was great and allowed many San Miguels Sangrias and Cocktails.
 
 
 
 
 I took this picture as the sun was setting one night, its a bit random but I love the colours of orange and blue and the perspective of the palm trees.
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
On one of the days I went to a place called Cartagena, now this place was awesome, it had a whole lot of history, Roman ruins, Ampitheatres, awesome architecture, castles and even today it is used as a naval base.
 
 
I couldn't believe how clean it was, no rubbish and the streets were like marble!  
  
 
I liked this picture it shows the new and old with the Roman Ampitheatre in the distance.
 
 
I love the colours in this picture, the greens and purples beneath the awesome night sky. This was the fair in Torrevieja.
 
 
This, believe it or not is actually the moon. It was on the day when the moon is at its closest meaning it is at its largest and brightest and this was low in the sky and was therefore tinted red.
 

 
On this same night I was shocked to see so many Spanish people on the beach setting up bonfires, I was pretty sure that they weren't allowed to have them but there was so many people and this was at night time. I thought that maybe it was something they did on a Sunday as people were coming down with chairs and table and having full blown meals. As I drove out the centre I noticed that there was even larger bonfires and thousands of people on the main beach so pulled up and went out to check out what was going on. There was thousands of people on this beach all round fires, some of which were the size of buses towering above and sometimes out of control. There were loads of kids and adults drinking, smoking, partying and even djs had brought down their equipment to the beach.
This was to celebrate the summer solstice! Some Spanish people believe that the night terrors come out on this shortest night and to protect themselves they cleanse themselves by leaping through fire and jumping into the sea. Fire Vs Water. Though I don't think people actually leapt through the fire.
It was like a huge Full Moon Beach Party
 
Overall it was good trip, nice to get away, relax and chill out!

No comments:

Post a Comment