Monday 4 November 2013

A New Chapter

So this weekend I moved from my little town in a West Pennine Valley and moved to the flat plains of East Anglia!
 
Having successfully got a job in the nearby area at Fugro Alluvial, I have moved into a house share in Lowestoft. Its exciting to have my own space, be close to my job and meeting new people. I have been looking forward to starting the new job and today being the first day, of which I enjoyed, got me even more excited about the future and where the job can take me!
 
So after the long 5 hour drive and a very nasty puncture which cost me a new tyre! I made it to my new home away from home and unpacked all belongings.
My house share is in a beautiful old Victorian house in a lovely area with the town centre a ten minute walk and the beach at the end of the road! The coastline here is beautiful with some fantastic golden beaches of which I cant wait to get on in the summer! Though there is much coastal erosion and some precarious properties on the cliff edge.
 
Some facts about where I live for you, it is the most Easterly point on the United Kingdom and for me I am more likely closer to the Netherlands than my home town! It is the location of one of the first human settlements in the UK with evidence of tools and humans from over 700,000 years ago.
 
I am so excited for my new chapter and meeting new people and making new friends. Its going to be challenging being so far away from home and my family and friends but I will be fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment